Our backyard – Aireys Inlet

We have fielded many calls recently from property owners based in Melbourne requesting if they can come down and do maintenance on their properties, and what the rules and regulations are.

If you live in Metropolitan Melbourne and own property in regional Victoria, you can only travel to that property if you have been issued with a Fire Prevention Notice requiring you to undertake fire preparedness work.
These notices are issued when Council’s Fire Prevention Officer identifies through an inspection that there is a fire risk that requires the attention of the landowner.

The Surf Coast Shire will have a form on their website shortly allowing you to apply for a permit to attend your property for an amount of time to carry out maintenance.

To find out more, please refer to the Surf Coast Shire website’s latest news page. If your property is in the Colac Otway Shire click here.

Despite the fact that it’s the second last weekend in October, the AFL Grand Final is on this weekend.

Who would have thought? Two Victorian teams, playing the Grand Final in Brisbane at night, in late October?

It truly has been a very strange year.

Best of luck to both teams in what we all hope is a ripping contest.

James Worssam | 0418 585 815 | james@greatoceanroadrealestate.com.au

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *